Adhesive for UV / GFK655-0 cabochons
Sales unit: 1 pc.
Color: colorless, transparent
fixation method: UV
Capacity: 250 ml [mm]
What glue for cabochons ?
This is the question most often asked by people starting their adventure with cabochons? They are also asked by those whose sales have increased so much that using, for example, E -6000 has become tiring. The waiting time for drying and possible problems related to the displacement of cabochons in large production is troublesome. Since sticking cabochons is something we have been doing for years in huge numbers, we were also looking for the right solution. Our friendly factory came to the rescue and here is the GFK655-0 UV glue for cabochons.
UV glue of thin consistency and fast fixation in the lamp. This low-density adhesive has four main advantages:
- thoroughly fills in any small scratches in the underside of the cabochon
- it is very efficient (a drop is enough to stick a 12 mm cabochon)
- no problem with air under glass
- it adheres very closely to the surface, which eliminates the problem of peeling off
NOTE: Make a very small hole with a thin needle !!!
The waiting time for the glue to solidify is 15-60 seconds, depending on the type of lamp. Special equipment will work for fixation, but hybrid lamps can be successfully used. I recommend LED lamps. They are a bit more expensive, but the first "catch" of the cabochon takes place after just 3 seconds. This eliminates the cabochon from sliding beyond the desired area. The glued cabochon can be cut immediately and pasted into the mount.
What you need to remember:
- the surface of the cabochon should be degreased
- one of the glued objects must be transparent to light
- first glue the cabochon to the surface of the photo and then cut it out
- Viscosity: at 25 ° C: 80 [MPa * s]
- Viscosity grade: low
- Connection Type: Hard
- Connection strength: 23 N / mm 2
- Working gap: 0.03mm - 0.1mm
- Temperature range: -20 ° C to 40 ° C
- Color: crystal clear
- Properties: very good capillary action
- Purpose: for gluing glass surfaces
- Application: gluing glass to photo paper
- Float / Flood Capability: Yes - The flush can be sticky / rub with alcohol
Why did I choose this glue? It enables really good performance, saves a lot of time and frustration. In addition, it prevents yellowing and fading of attached graphics. It connects permanently and the glued cabochons do not come off despite changing weather conditions. They are not threatened by frost, heat or humidity. They do not react with the photo paper surface. With good work organization, it is possible to achieve a capacity of 200 cabochons per hour.
The efficiency of the package has not been measured by me, but I think that the number of stuck cabochons can be counted in thousands.